Thursday, October 31, 2013

Haunted

[DSC03094_edited-1%255B4%255D.jpg]

My home houses many things belonging to the past…

DSC04323_edited-1

…things that belonged to the people that lived and died long before my birth-- 

John and Lois Barnes Pratt Hunt with daughter Ida

Things they loved~

DSC04314_edited-1

Things they touched~

DSC04318_edited-1

Things they made~

DSC04316_edited-1

Words they wrote…

DSC04341_edited-1

Pictures they took--shadows of the lives they led…

[O.Seymour & Polly May Hunsaker Stapley's wedding day[2].png]

As I walk through the hallways and rooms of my house, they flit in and out of my mind. 

Images.  Names and quiet voices…

DSC04322_edited-1 

Haunted?  No, not really…Not in the Halloween-kind of way.

Ida Francis Hunt and daughter Pauline

But, I do believe that when we turn our minds & hearts to those we love that we can no longer see,

DSC04329_edited-1

…that their thoughts & hearts are turned to us.

Jesse Nathaniel Smith

Images. Names. Quiet voices…

[DSC04532_edited-1[4].jpg]

Haunted?  No, not really…

DSC04333_edited-1

Just a home & a heart filled with beautiful memories and lots and lots of love…

Wishing you a home full of sweet memories…

Julie

{For you, Mom.  Happy Birthday!}

{All images are mine--taken in my home.  The photos of all those beautiful people are my people.  I love them all.}

No comments:

Post a Comment