Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spring Fairy

DSC03219_edited-1

My girls came running in after their spring day walk—a precious find held gently in my youngest’s hands…

DSC03238_edited-1

…almost immediately, I knew what it would shortly become.  We all did.

spring fairy 9_edited-1

Knowing my love for my sweet frozen charlottes, my middle daughter suggested something like this…

DSC03235_edited-1 

…and the “birth” of a spring fairy came to be.

Old lace for the inner lining, a nest of old, wired pearls, rustic twine, lace & crystal rhinestones were all our little fairy needed as she emerged from the beautiful, delicate, perfectly blue robin’s egg…

DSC03219_edited-1

Spring is a beautiful thing.

Julie

5 comments:

  1. a little gasp.. a little squeal.. for the sweetest little fairy!
    how sweet this it Julie!
    have an awesome day my friend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaahhh...how beautiful! A spring fairy is such a sweet thing to see every day when you get up. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just imagining spring in California brings a creation to mind just like this. It's lovely Julie. Happy Spring! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the spring fairy coming out of the egg...

    ReplyDelete