Thursday, September 27, 2012

Good Advice

DSC00842_edited-1

A few more journal pages to share with you…

DSC00848_edited-1 {this beautiful vintage lady just seemed perfect to represent Miss Dickenson…}

While we were away visiting my parents this last week, my journal was my artistic outlet…so easy to tote along with me, with only a couple of favorite pens to have to bring as well…

DSC00847_edited-1 {I love the simplicity of Emily Dickenson…she said it all so beautifully & so concisely.  Label from Crafty Secrets}

…pages already prepared with paint or pretty paper were easy to doodle & write on while watching a movie with the family…

DSC00852_edited-1

I really think this one may have been inspired by my being able to spend so much one-on-one time with my mother this week…!

DSC00856_edited-2

Were we all told these same things?  Or was it just me?!

 DSC00836_edited-1

Isn’t that a wonderful quote?  Gives another dimension to the thought of being charming, doesn’t it?

DSC00838_edited-1

After I wrote this on the label, I just started doodling little “charms” without really realizing what I was doing for a minute…the funny one on the right is a scotty dog, by the way—one of my favorite charms—I’m just not the greatest doggie artist! {but that’s okay!} 

DSC00839_edited-1

So, whether the advice you take today is from Miss Dickenson, your mother, or someone else just as brilliant…it’s usually a very good thing.

Wishing you a charming day……

Julie

13 comments:

  1. Inspiring post! Love the quotes!

    Have a delightful week!

    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie, your journals are fabulous and so full of wise & witty advice! I love them, don't stop! I'm inspired to do a journal kit but you would have to do a tutorial on your creative and wonderful penmanship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe my mom shared some of the same advice.LOL. Great use of your time away Julie without having to pack a ton of supplies.Hope your visit was wonderful!
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice that you could spend the week with your parents. Im sure they must love having you there.
    Your journal is wonderful Julie. YOu are very talented. someday I may have to try my hand at it!
    have a great day!
    xoxo
    viv

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you always been able to "hand write" so beautifully.
    Or did you take a class or something. All your pages look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee... you must have a good relationship with your parents...if I did something like that it would be all black lol
    big hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. No doubt you had a wonderful time visiting with our parents. I just love seeing your art journaling and all the quotes you use. Have a fabulous Friday! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your journal pages are just wonderful. I always try to journal but just don't have enough willpower to keep it up. And yes I was told the exact same things that you wrote by my mother!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aloha dear Julie,
    I love your journal pages, awesome! Yes, some of those very wise sayings I do remember too.
    Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my such darling pages...I love the wise sayings from mom page...thanks for making me smile..as I remember my mom saying some of those and now I find myself repeating them!
    Happy weekend...hope it is cozy with the sweet scent of pumpkin spice surrounding you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. All good words to live by! Great sketches-Happy Sunday:@)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Julie,
    Love your work. Did you take Hope E's class? I just had a day of her teaching at Homemade U. Was wonderful! You do a beautiful job and in so many different ways. Enjoyed the leaves as a memory of a good day!
    Hugs,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete